THE STORY BEHIND THE "WOLF BAY BROTHERS"
The legend of the Wolf Bay brothers is a colorful saga. Story has it that sometime in the mid-fifties a vagabond musician and fur trapper named Wolfgang Beigh came to the Lake Vermilion area in search of prosperity. During the six months he spent here, he left behind a legacy of large proportions, not to mention several offspring. His abandoned litter met by chance at a flea market around the turn of the new millennium. They all were drawn together at the concession stand and could not help but notice the unique birthmark they all shared that closely resembled a wolf howling at the moon. They all assembled for a family meeting, and low and behold each one brought a musical instrument. The music started and has not ceased yet. The family then formed the musical group "WOLFGANG BEIGH'S BROTHERS OF INVENTION" later shortened to "THE WOLF BAY BROTHERS". The versatile and sometimes large band performs a majority of their engagements at WOLF BAY LODGE, (no relation) throughout the year. The WOLF BAY BROTHERS (& SISTERS) line up may include any or all of the following members;
- Eric Pederson Beigh - leader by default, guitars, vocals, keyboards. Performed for over 28 years with his family as "GREAT NORTHERN EXPRESS" AND "THE FLYING PEDERSON BROTHERS".
- Mike Randolph Beigh - Pedal Steel Guitar - Veteran road musician. Resume' includes stints with country stars "The Kendalls" and Grand Ole Opre legend George Jones.
- Greg Burkhardt Beigh - vocals, guitars and percussion. Lumber baron and business owner. Played and written music since the late sixties with brother "Dickles", who also makes appearances with the WWB.
- Mike Christianson Beigh - dobro, lap steel and vocals. Life long Northerner, nominated in 1999 for Dobro player of the year by Minnesota Bluegrass Association.
- Anna Marie Pederson Beigh - vocals, keyboards - Anna can sing a beautiful gospel tune in the morning and belt out a honky tonk tune at night. Anna's forte' are ballads and her renditions of vintage Patsy Cline and other smoky classics.
- Willy Larson Beigh - bass, mandolin and saxophone. Entrepreneur and carport entrance expert. Cornerstone of Iron Range musical favorites "Shades" for years.
- Jimmy Laine Beigh - drums + antics. Seasoned musician and educator, played with local legend band "Freeway" for over 20 years.
- Danny Boyer Beigh - guitar, vocals, psychology. Long time musical guru and fill in for many Iron Range bands. Recently touring with Native American performer Keith Secola.
- Al Abraham Beigh - Harmonica, vocals, story teller. The tallest WWB at 6' 9" Abe can really hit the high notes. Abe's history is somewhat foggy, we believe he is part of the witness protection program.
- Sharon Rowbottom Beigh - vocals, guitar. Sharon can really belt out the blues on one tune and hit you with a tear jerking country song. Her talents have graced many a stage, including being the opening act for country star "Tim McGraw".
- Other Wolf Bay Buddies -
- Bill Maxwell - Bill sings soft ballads and then cranks out Mick Jagger with out missing a beat.
- John Metsa & Son (Jason) - Vocals, harmonies, guitars. These guys are "Show Biz"!
See You on Tuesday Night!!